Marfa to Austin – Art, Yoga and Music Tour 2018
with Melina Meza and Baxter Bell, MD
March 28-April 2, 2018
Join us in Marfa, an art oasis in West Texas located between the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park. Put on the map back in the 1970s when artist Donald Judd moved there in search of “space” to explore his minimalist art, it has been drawing bohemians and the creative type ever since. This tiny town full of scrub cactus, tumbleweeds, vacant roads surrounded by sky and cotton candy clouds is the perfect backdrop for our adventure.
After dropping into Marfa for a few days we’ll hit the road and travel to the Live Music Capital of the World- Austin, Texas. We’ll immerse you into the local music and food scene, keep you healthy with yoga, swimming at Barton Springs, and lots of tasty refreshing juices! This spring retreat is perfect for art enthusiasts, yogis and Americana/Folk/Country/Blues music lovers.
With more than 20 years’ experience leading yoga retreats, Melina and Baxter are excited to share this Texas adventure with you, one that includes: art, yoga, quality time in nature, and music and tasty Tex-Mex food.
- Leave El Paso airport 1:30pm (3 hour drive to Marfa)
- Check into Hotels – Dinner in Marfa
- Breakfast on your own
- 9:00-10:00am Yoga
- 10:30am-5:00pm Guided Tour at the Chinati Foundation
- Free time
- 6:30pm Dinner/Music
- 7:45-8:45am Yoga
- 9:00-11:00am Stroll around Marfa – secure lunch for the road trip
- 11:00am-7:00pm Drive to Austin with frequent stretch breaks
- 7:00-8:00pm Check into hotel
- Breakfast on your own
- Noon-2pm (payment option below for local drop in’s) Yoga and Ayurveda for Healthy Aging Workshop Eastside Yoga Center
- Free time (Museum, Kayaking, Boat Tour, Whole Foods, Garden Tours)
- 5:00-6:30pm Happy Hour
- 7:00pm-Midnight Dancing/Music
- 11:00am-1:00pm Gospel Brunch
- 1:00-3:00pm Barton Springs (swimming and optional yoga)
- Free time
- 6:00-7:30pm Dinner
- 7:30-10:00pm Music – Return to Hotels
9:30-10:00am Off to the airport!
Cost for the Marfa to Austin – Art, Yoga and Music Tour 2018: $400
(Price includes: airport pick up in El Paso, transportation from El Paso-Marfa-Austin in our 15-person van, entrance to Chinati Guided Tour, and daily yoga classes)
Airplane ticket: Fly into El Paso, Texas by 1:30pm on 3/28 and fly out of Austin, Texas on Monday, 4/2. If you are flying from the Bay Area, great deals on Southwest.
Hotels In Marfa (check in 3/28, check out 3/30)
- Thunderbird Hotel http://www.thunderbirdmarfa.com (many of us are staying here)
- Saint George: http://www.marfasaintgeorge.com
- El Cosmico: http://elcosmico.com/
Hotels in Austin: (check in 3/30, check out 4/2)
- San Jose Hotel: http://www.sanjosehotel.com/
Austin Motel: http://austinmotel.com/
- Kimpton Hotel: www.kimptonhotels.com
Airbnb’s near Travis Heights or South Congress (find these options in More Filters)
Meals and drinks are not included.
Airport shuttle to the Austin airport not included.
Space is limited to 12 participants if you are excited to join us, please register today. Only 4 spots left!
How to Register:
1. Secure your spot with either a non-refundable $100 deposit. Final balance of $300 is due by 2/1/2018. If you prefer you can pay the full amount or deposit anytime using Pay Pal (send deposit or full payment to “friend or family”). Checks can be sent to:
PO Box 20655
Oakland, CA 94620-0655
Attention: Marfa to Austin Adventure
2. Book your rooms at the locations listed above.
3. Book your airplane tickets.
4. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your flight and hotel information.
5. I”ll confirm your spot once I receive your deposit.
|Adventures in Yoga & Photography: Marfa Adventure Retreat||1||$400.00||$0.00||$0.00||$400.00|
|Adventures in Yoga & Photography: Marfa Drop In Class Only Austin||1||$35.00||$0.00||$0.00||$35.00|